Closet Bolt on Drain Assembly Advice Needed

I am finishing a shower pan installation and had to replace the drain closet bolts. This is a slip tight type of drain assembly. It is on a second story. I used closet bolts with bonded neoprene washers. Do I need to use silicone or anything on top of the bolts prior to putting the pan down on top. Is is likely that water can get by a neoprene washser and through the threads down to the story below? I cinched the bolts down tight. It will be covered for the life of the shower pan so I would hate to have to pull it apart because of a leaky bolt?? The guy that did it before used a asphalt type of emulsion which actually ate the underside of the neoprene washers that were in there. That was not good!

Reply to
Michael Roback

If you won't be able to get at it later why not use a belt and suspenders approach? Use silicone or polyurethane.

RB

Michael Roback wrote:

Reply to
RB