Clogging mower

I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone every tried a teflon spray or something similar?
Your grass is to wet, but Slipplate helps.
I think someone suggested using a product called Skip Plate under the mower deck to prevent clogging. Where do you find it and is it known by another name? Thanks
rote in message

Slip Plate I got at Tractor supply but Ace might even have it Slip plate is its name
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in 3136.bay.webtv.net:

Or there's a lot of some kind of weeds in the grass that is loaded with water (like onion grass is it?).

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently, cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

And don't cut when damp.
Hey Edwin - I have a new Torro 3-in-1. It clogs when mulching when the grass is the slightest bit damp or a bit longer than it should.
Blade is sharp. Its a personal pace self propelled. I cant walk slow enough to get my lawn done in reasonable ammt of time.
I had an older YardMan with a slightly bigger B&S engine and it would plow through anything.
Your tips are right on with some mowers. Some do not have this issue.
I was thinking of Teflon spray, WD40 or maybe PAM cooking spray. I may try it.
Try SLIP Plate or MowerGUARD. This is a graphite paint that is hydrophobic and helps also to protect the mower deck. I have used SLIP Plate for years, and recently tried MowerGUARD with great success. Give it a try.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Try SLIP Plate or MowerGUARD. This is a graphite paint that is hydrophobic and helps also to protect the mower deck. I have used SLIP Plate for years, and recently tried MowerGUARD with great success. Give it a try.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

HotRod wrote:

Have you tried just cleaning out from underneath the deck? This is something I do routinely esp with long or wet weeds. Use a scraper and a wire brush. I then brush the under neath with a bit of motor oil on a paper towel.
HotRod wrote:

For a chemical that works (but nothing really is going to work with long wet grass) try PAM or the store brand of spray cooking oil.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Slip Plate works, its a brush or spray on coating of teflon or some other plastic. Its still on my snowblower and shovels after years.
I believe it is graphite in the paint from what I read. The company that manufacturer's it is Superior Graphite Co. in Chicago, IL. I found them at www.slipplate.com after reading your comments and doing a google search. They have a new product listed this year called MowerGUARD. Works even better that the SLIP Plate product for lawn mowers. I called them and they gave me a free sample. Something worth trying. m Ransley wrote:

Sharpen the blades properly or replace them and see if the symptoms change. A lot of guys will claim the blades are sharp because they had them done once or twice during the season -that aint enough. HotRod wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in

True. If you have sandy soil, the sand will dull the blades on a push or rider pretty quick.
silicone spray comes in a wet type and one that dries. get the dry one. here's an example: Grainger Item #     6Y774 Price (ea.)     $13.99 Brand     DOW CORNING Mfr. Model #     557 as found at: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?ItemId11711241
HotRod wrote:

You are cutting your grass too low the airflow under the mower is not good raise the height of the wheels you will get more flow and wont stress your mower as much and it will be easier to push
also you dont want to cut much more then 1/3rd of the height off the grass it hurts the grass

Try a graphite paint coating like MowerGUARD or SLIP Plate.