clogged toilet

My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it rises to a few inches from top. Over the course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any recommendations?
Thanks.
John

A plunger.
If a plunger won't do it, try a closet snake. Tom

more Fiber = less Paper
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 03:14:47 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"

Also, http://www.usabidet.com /
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:18:46 GMT, "Redlocks"

Dont eat so much. Bubba

Sounds like it is full of shit.
I have a house full of kids. My favorite new tool for the last few years is a plunger that has a 10" handle and a 10" accordian pleated plunger on the other end. It's called the Master Plunger and it does a great job. Just fill the huge plunger part up with the water in the bowl and shoot it down the toilet (Yah my favorite job). Y'know I caught the 3 year old throwing the free end of the toilet paper roll in the bowl and flushing the toilet "Wheeeee" that does use up the toilet paper! I've also come in to find him trying to flush an entire bowl of paper. No that's not going to work. Richard
Go to the hardware and purchase a Ridgid closet auger. Ask in the plumbing section. Also ask the clerk for instructions how to use it. It isn't intutitive, but once you've used one, it's easy enough.
The $8 one is nearly useless.
While the snake is in the bowl, flush once or twice to rinse the snake.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.