Clogged toilet

Well, you can't wait for until after 3 dumps before flushing. My toilet runneth over.

What is the best way to unclog a toilet?

I've got a huge mess, it's disgusting.

Reply to
Cuda guy

Sounds like you don't know what a toilet plunger is for and don't own one.

Start here:

I switched from the traditional type to one of these a couple of years ago, it really does the job:

If a plunger won't do it get a "closet auger" like the ones shown here:

Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE) The speed of light is 1.8*10e12 furlongs per fortnight.

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Two more things of note.

1) A bucket of the hottest water you can get out of your tub. May soften the solids, so they can pass down the drain. Well, if it's draining at all. 2) The green "RV holding tank" liquid is a godsend. Both holds down odor, and also decomposes toilet solids -- again, so they can go down the pipe. Prepared people have a bottle at home, in case the water is off, or the drain is clogged.

You are right, that plunger and then closet auger are the approach.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Christopher is usually right on, as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure how good the RV stuff might be if you have a septic tank....probably would not be enough to matter.

But, from long experience Jeff is right on about the plunger and auger. If those don't do the trick, time to call the pros.

tim/

Reply to
tim birr

The only thing I would add...is the grossest aspect of a situation like this...if there is an excess of waste in the bowl you need to remove it (by hand) and not add to what is already clogged. (Some people cut up the logs with a hanger or turd sword!)

Reply to
Bob Villa

Bob Villa wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Turd sword? Does HF have them? Is there a coupon?? Just curious...

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Not sure...the ones I've seen where fashioned from a wire hanger.

Reply to
Bob Villa

re: "remove it (by hand) "

That's what rubber gloves are for.

Most of us have had our bare hands in chemicals that could actually hurt us, so quit be so squeamish about a little crap, most of which is probably your own.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On sale last week, 35% off.

In case of excess waste. A tbsp or so of RV holding tank fluid is a big help, and some hot water.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not at all. But, don't plan to eat dinner tomorrow at home. It might well be special made, just for .... YOU.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon