Clogged French Drains

Hi All, Before I owned our house, french drains were installed in the basement There is a gap where the floor slab meets the wall and it looks as if they dug out some of the floor slab, installed the drains, then cemented over it.

The drains are clogged. Any way to unclog without busting up the concrete? I'm not sure how the drains are constructed and can't find much information on them. Any info is appreciated...thanks!

Reply to
TrueWest

Chances are that if they are clogged, they weren't installed correctly in the first place, and you may as well figure on re-doing them. The only thing that would clog the drains is an intrusion of fines into the drainage material, which tells me there was no (or incorrect) filter cloth installed. If so, anything but replacement is only a band aid.

Joe F.

Reply to
rb608

Thanks for the info. The gap between the wall and the floor has wire mesh protecting it, but pretty much anything smaller than a BB can get in their. When I rains hard, i get a build up of mud in certain areas, so I'm assuming that's coming up through the drains.

I guess I'll get out the sledgehammer....(sigh)

Reply to
TrueWest