Clog kitchen flue.

Our kitchen flue hasn't been used for weeks is now blocked. The flap inside the flue that blocks out the air from outside is stuck from the grease, I believe. We can't cook garlic without major problems. How can I unstuck it and prevent it from sticking in the future?

Thanks

Reply to
Sam Nickaby

You don't give the age of your stove hood. But you just have to "get to it". If possible remove the grease screen and try to operate the flap with a stick. It could be stuck due to grease buildup, if so spray with some degreaser.

Not sure you can do much to keep if from happening again. If this is the first time in 20 years, then once you clean it, you're set for a while. If it's every couple week, it's another matter.

The flap is operated by air pressure from the fan. Is the grease screen clean? Is there another flap outside, which is stuck? Do some digging.

Rich

Reply to
RichK