Climatouch Thermostat / Furnace help

I installed a Climatouch digital thermostat about 5 years ago, everything has worked great. This winter the furnace did not seem to be heating the house properly so before next winter I was going to get everything checked as the furnace is about 17 years old.
Well, I woke this morning and the furnace was not on. I checked the Climatouch and it is not on either - dead with no display. I checked the circuit breakers and all the power in the house is working properly.
So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and spend $$$.
Thanks for your help.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 17, 8:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@ync.net wrote:

Does the thermostat take batteries.
Add pictures here
✖
ransley wrote:

And do you se 24V AC control voltage in the furnace?
Add pictures here
✖

The thermostat is probably getting its 24 volts from the furnace. Be sure you have power going to the furnace first. If you have power to it, check for a transformer and see if the output is working. If you don't see it or have no clue, call a pro. Replacing the proper part the first time by a pro is cheaper than shotgunning by a DIY
Add pictures here
✖
With that tiny hint of information, we're supposed to diagnose an ancient furnace which gets no maintenance? We don't have much to work with.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Wouldnt matter to you Stormy. You could have a blueprint of the furnace and a step by step instruction guide of trouble shooting on it and still not have a clue. No suprise there. ........and what the hell is this "we're supposed to..." crap? You carrying a box of mice in your pocket? Bubba
Add pictures here
✖