Climatouch Thermostat / Furnace help

I installed a Climatouch digital thermostat about 5 years ago, everything has worked great. This winter the furnace did not seem to be heating the house properly so before next winter I was going to get everything checked as the furnace is about 17 years old.

Well, I woke this morning and the furnace was not on. I checked the Climatouch and it is not on either - dead with no display. I checked the circuit breakers and all the power in the house is working properly.

So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and spend $$$.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
bml

Does the thermostat take batteries.

Reply to
ransley

Hi, And do you se 24V AC control voltage in the furnace?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The thermostat is probably getting its 24 volts from the furnace. Be sure you have power going to the furnace first. If you have power to it, check for a transformer and see if the output is working. If you don't see it or have no clue, call a pro. Replacing the proper part the first time by a pro is cheaper than shotgunning by a DIY

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

With that tiny hint of information, we're supposed to diagnose an ancient furnace which gets no maintenance? We don't have much to work with.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wouldnt matter to you Stormy. You could have a blueprint of the furnace and a step by step instruction guide of trouble shooting on it and still not have a clue. No suprise there. ........and what the hell is this "we're supposed to..." crap? You carrying a box of mice in your pocket? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba