clicking noise in bedroom

My fiance and I just moved to this 2 year old townhome. Everytime when we use the toilet rooms (there are two upstais), we hear the clicking/cracking noise from the wall behind our bed. It lasts about 10-30 seconds but it is so annoying.
We track it down to the basement, we did not see any water damamge on the wall or on the ceiling where the pipe travels through. We really worried it might be some leaking problems invloved. But we only hear the noise, we didn't see any signs.
Anyone knows if it is normal? How to fix it? Thanks a lot
Jenny
On 19 Mar 2007 12:07:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My house seems to be full of little noises, I only notice when trying to sleep. It seems that 99% are associated with things expanding and contracting inside the walls. Duct work, piping etc. Might notice it more during extreme temps. Hot summers, flush and the piping quickly contracts than returns. Cold winters, the piping warms up, expands and then returns. etc. etc.
Just a guess, since this is what I figured is happing in my house.
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info