Click Lock Hardwood Flooring

I thought of replacing my carpets with the new click-lock engineered hardwood flooring. The ads say it is easier to install than the glue-down hardwood flooring.
All my flooring is on a slightly above grade concrete slab. I previously installed regular engineered plank flooring in my hallways. It looked and felt very nice. A great improvement over the cow-paths in my old carpeting. But, I am wondering about the quality of click-lock hardwood installations.
Has anyone actually installed click-lock flooring (the planks kind of snap together)? I was wondering if they look as nice and feel as solid under-foot as hardwood flooring that is glued down over concrete pads.
http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Hardwood-Flooring-Engineered-Floating-Hardwood/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgcZb9as/R-202064761/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
Thanks for any input
- Walter www.rationality.net

There is a reason for that ad. Yes, easier but is the product good?!

I do not like the click together stuff, but I'm very biased about this.

Avoid it. But you may have a budget reason for using the snap-click stuff.

Who will do the install? My knees hurt already, just thinking about it.
Walter E. wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Hardwood-Flooring-Engineered-Floating-Hardwood/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgcZb9as/R-202064761/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
$3.28 sq ft.!!!
1. You can do better. Much better at Lumber Liquidators or Floor and Decor Outlets.
2. The underlayment makes a difference. I don't notice the difference, but a floor devotee such as you might.
3. Engineered hardwood, or laminate, will easily outlast carpet - many times over. It is easier to clean and won't absorb odors.
4. You've already done one job, so you know the tools you need (table saw, HF Miracle Tool to undercut door jambs, rubber hammer, plank setting tool). You know to remove the baseboards. If you need any advice, check back.

That's what I thought.

iFloor has some pretty good deals.

[...]
How would vinyl tile work as underlayment>

[...]
TIA
Higgs Boson wrote:

Dunno.
For my first project, I used the thin, foam-looking stuff with my $0.78/sq ft laminate. Worked okay, the floor "sounds" solid. For the next bedroom, I cut up some heavy trash bags to use as a vapor barrier under some $0.49/sq ft laminate. The floor sounds a teensy bit "tinnier," but the kittens who live in that room don't seem to mind.