Clearing hair from drain/pump

Hi all,
I'm looking for suggestions on how to clear a drain of clogged hair.
The bathroom in my flat has an electric pump, for pumping the waste water (ie toilet and shower) to the waste pipe for the block. The pump is next to the toilet and about 4' from the shower drain.
It all worked great when new, but since then hair has got down the shower drain and clogged it all up. What's the best way to clear the hair?
I've heard a) bleach b) sulphuric acid (which appears to be mostly not recommended...) and various manual techniques. Unfortunately, with the position of the pump, there's not much chance of getting a pipe cleaner down there from the shower. So.... help!
TIA
Nick
Nick Drew wrote:

Not much will come close to touching hair, except powerful acids, which may destroy the pump or piping.
Can the pump be disassembled? Use plunger over the tub drain?
Is this by chance in the UK? If so, post here: UK.D-I-Y
If you do manage to get it cleared, purchase a plastic "hair trap" which fits over the drain to prevent future problems.
Jim