Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190

Page 2 of 2
On 12/28/2013 04:22 PM, sms wrote:

If you have Win7/8 but your device does not have any drivers newer than XP/win2k... you can get it to work. If the driver package is a self-extracting executable you will need to unpack it first.
Once you do that, you can install your device but you will have to OK installing an unsigned driver.
Though I have gotten this to work with no problems...and Win7/8 is pretty good about rolling back drivers that could potentially harm your system...this would have to be done at your own risk as there is no absolute guarantee.
Though there are plenty of utilities that will extract the files from the self-extracting installer,I used to simply start the process but not cancel it when I got the message about the OS not being supported... then simply copy the files from the temporary location to a folder elsewhere.
For anyone else bumbling along like I am, here are some good links I found for Canon MP190 and similiar models.
When instructions say to press the RESUME button, there is no button called Resume on MP190. They are talking about the button with no label that looks like like an upside down triangle.
If the instructions for MP190 say press "Menu", they are confusing this model with the MPC190. No Menu button on the MP190. Turns out a lot of people were copying and reposting these instructions online and they don't work for MP190.
Resetting Ink Absorber http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/canon-bjc-5100-waste-ink-tank-co unter-reset/ http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/clearing-canon-waste-ink-tank-fu ll-message/
MPC190: http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/canon-mpc190-waste-ink-tank-coun ter-reset/
Canon PIXMA IP1500 Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/canon-pixma-ip1500-waste-ink-tan k-counter-reset/
Canon "S" & "i" Series Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/canon-s-i-series-waste-ink-tank- counter-reset/
Good video that works for resetting MP190 ink absorber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihaY8UzWGw

Turn off printer with POWER button. Hold down RESUME button and then press and hold POWER. Keep POWER held down and release the RESUME button. Press RESUME twice. Release the POWER button. Green LEDs should now start flashing. When green LEDs are solid, press RESUME four times. Note: It is important you press RESUME exactly four times as more or less will cause the printer to perform a different function. Press POWER and the printer should switch off, if not simply press POWER again. Turn your printer back on and the counter will now be reset.
Resetting various models for Low Ink Error:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdyBOmAgQi8

Canon Reset for IP1600, 1700, 1800 MP150, 160,170,190,210. 460,470 MX300,310 Cartridges, 37,38,40,41
After replacing cartridges, if printer prints right away, it is still in low ink mode. When low ink warning comes up, press and hold stop/resume button for 5+ seconds. E31 displaed. B&C will be flashing B will go out. C keep flashing Hold 5 more seconds Both flashing while resetting Printer will self-clean and print OK until ink is out
Waste Ink Tank Cleaning iP1000. Good photos but hard to follow: For iP1000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-WXaO_ViM
For iP1500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVpjqBr7KjU