Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no success. E27 always returns.
Below are some steps I have tried with no success.
Thanks in advance.
Bob
*** None of these below have worked for me.....
Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.
== http://www.fixya.com/support/t9171473-ink_absorber_full_canon_mp190
If your absorber is full, call Canon at 732-521-7230 to order the replacement pads for the ink absorber.
If you do not have access to new ink absorber pads, you can extend the life of your current pads by rinsing them thoroughly and allowing them to dry before reinstalling them.
To replace the pad:
1 Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the cartridge cradle move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the cartridges will remain in their position.
2 Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.
3 Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.
4 Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.
5 Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.
6 Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.
7 Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.
==
try this.. it worked on my MP190 1. Start with printer OFF 2. Hold down STOP/RESET and then hold down POWER 3. Release STOP/RESET (don?t let go of the power just yet) 4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 5. let green light blink until print head has finished moving.
i have had try that command, it was working at first, but if you turn off and on again the problem still persist.
== CANON MP190 Reset Waste Ink full canon
1. Enter SERVICE MODE. By pressing Menu Copy Scan Copy Copy (My note: There is no "menu" button on this printer MP190) 2. Select TEST MODE. 3. Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE. 4. Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR]. 5. Select 0. [INK COUNT]. 6. Press the [Set] key. 7. Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key
After reset manual now remained the reset permanenly using
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/67217
On 12/26/2013 03:21 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.
I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure the area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset procedure.
On 12/26/2013 3:34 PM, philo wrote:

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas of printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad and squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm guessing that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could be sensing electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered with ink and cleaning them could but the printer back in operation. ^_^
TDD

Yes, that is very probable...I use rubbing alcohol in my workshop for cleaning electronics.
On 12/27/2013 6:58 AM, philo wrote:

I only buy the 91% because there is less water in it and it evaporates much faster. When I was doing some work for a great electrical engineer who designed and built industrial control systems, we used MEK to clean the circuit boards. ^_^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_ethyl_ketone
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hi, Not using Freon?
On 12/27/2013 3:06 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Some folks used R11 to clean circuit boards but that was about 40 years ago before anyone was concerned about murdering cute little ozones. R11 was a great cleaner and HVAC system flush. ^_^
TDD

If it has fumes of any type I won't use it. Rubbing alcohol is safer I'd think.
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:53:39 -0600, The Daring Dufas

No need to clean circuit boards with toxins. Just throw a little TSP in a dishwasher and let it do the job.
You might try a more appropriate news group!
Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up <5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.
Guv Bob wrote:

Hi, If you can't Google and find 2000 driver, XP driver might work.
On 12/27/2013 04:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

yep my Samsung Laser has drivers back to win2k
On 12/27/2013 5:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14 years old does not seem like a win for the companies. Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.
You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers only go back one or 2 releases at most.
Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista (crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now.. Count how many versions you missed..
--
Jeff

new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up <5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

14

manufacturers

Vista

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real reason to install it.
On 12/28/2013 04:09 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

If your machine is old enough to have come with Win2k it is very unlikely that Win7 will work on it.
philo wrote:

Hi, Unless OP uses W2000 for just basic things, most new things won't run on it. I know there is people still using DOS too, LOL!

the

O/S's 14

manufacturers

Vista

problem

on

Yes, that is my case. I'm not interested in being on the leading edge of the computer world. That's not my business or main interest. When I'm sitting at a computer, nothing is getting done around here. Same for "up" grading -- my experience going from DOS to 3.1, 95, 98 and 2000 is that something is always lost or doesn't work as well when it's finished. The only advantage I have seen is CPU speed when I have to upgrade the hardware, and that really is not important for anything I do online.
Mostly I just need to calculate, enter text, create simple line drawings or make simple photo manipulations. The few websites I have done are very simple using at text editor and HTML -- displaying basic text and graphics. No security, flash, e-commerce, tracking, etc., needed. I use them mostly for distributing documents or use with WS_FTP as a dropbox for sending and receiving documents and large files.
I seldom need video or game software. Any websites I can't access with IE6, I just use Firefox, Chrome, etc. For work, 99%+ of my use is text-based. Nearly all is keyboard-based. I only use the mouse as a last resort.
My business is mostly working hands-on away from computers at industrial field sites. Any computer work on site is done using proprietary industrial software or the customer's system. 386's are still the most common CPU for running equipment in most plants I visit.
Any of my own home computer use involves reading, writing and rithmatic, and that's pretty much it. Any documents I need can be converted to older or newer version with any number of low-cost online services.
For engg drawings, my ACAD Version 12 (c. 1994) does everything I need. Don't need virtual reality, 3-D, etc -- just plain old X-Y drawings are fine.
There's no quicker way to get exactly the kind of file list I need than DOS.... dir *.doc > filelist.txt
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL!!
Bob

machines?

still losing a decent amount of sales.

You've had good luck. No USB printer I have bought is backward compatible.
On 12/27/2013 2:22 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

I have the opposite need. I want a newer OS with drivers for older printers. I can't use my favorite printer anymore.