Clear epoxy?

Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Reply to
jim

Yes there is. I can't tell you the name though. Several years ago I was having an annual chore of reattaching the rear view mirror to the windshield. This was using the stuff that the auto supply places sold.

Somewhere I came across a clear epoxy that has worked now for over 6 or seven years. I think it was from an auto supply store but I was away from home and don't even remember the store name.

At any rate this is to tell you to keep looking. I know the stuff exists.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Use Loctite Clear Epoxy #312 and Loctite Primer 3736. These two items can be bought as a kit from CR Lawrence under their part number 3346.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

If you'd use rear view mirror cement, it would stay on permanently. Wal-Mart, $3.00, done.

Reply to
Runtime Error

Reply to
Jim C

"Jim C" wrote in news:gb1o2e$g7h$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

if the joint is subject to shear impacts,then cyanoacrylates are not as good as epoxy. A doorknob may get such shear forces.

Reply to
Jim Yanik