Cleanup of overspray

Page 1 of 2
I am trying to clean some over spray of an oven. (Not my work.) :-)
As a former chemist, I have tried:
1. Paint thinner 2. TSP 3. Rubbing alcohol 4. Brillo pad (lightly) 5. Ammonia 6. Exorcism :-)
Any other ideas ?
Andy
On 1/4/2016 10:57 PM, Andy wrote:

Oven cleaner? What exactly is the over spray? A food spill or something else?
--
Maggie

I dont even bother to reply to posts when they are this vague. If it's food, SAY SO! (and explain what spilled). Overspray is a term more associated with painting, not an oven spill. Anyone owning an oven should know about Oven Cleaner anyhow.
On 1/5/2016 1:18 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I also don't bother to reply to posts when they are this vague.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 1:22:28 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

And yet you responded to a follow-up post, saying basically what you probably would have said had you responded to the original post.
Interesting.

On 1/5/2016 12:18 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Sometimes, a person just can't remember to put everything they need to know in their initial post. I don't mind responding and asking for clarification.
--
Maggie

On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 00:18:17 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

There is one Andy who posts stupid stuff like this all the time. This might be he.
On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 12:22:28 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

As my post CLEARLY says, it is not my work.
If I knew what the over spray was, I would have found a way to remove it.
On 1/6/2016 5:40 PM, Andy wrote:

"AS A FORMER CHEMIST", you should understand the need for specificity in questions and statements. You wouldn't say "mix them together" without clearly indicating what "them" indicates, the quantities involved (if not implied) and any other special instructions regarding HOW to combine them -- along with any precautions to be observed in doing so.
As I asked: - is it *in* the oven (the oven is the large enclosure into which one would typically place items like TURKEYS to be roasted)? - is it *on* the stovetop (the stovetop is the nominally flat surface on top that one places pots to be heated)?
The likely remedies that would be suggested when trying to clean the ENAMELED, self-cleaning interior of the oven are very different from the "glass" cooktops (which self-destruct when a pot boils over and isn't IMMEDIATELY cleaned) which, in turn, are different than the remedies suggested if the oven EXTERIOR had been "dirtied".
On 1/6/2016 7:59 PM, Don Y wrote:

And from Andy's posts, he CLEARLY won't tell us any more detail (such as the information you and I both requested.)
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/6/2016 7:40 PM, Andy wrote:

Since you didn't say, we all therefore know that the overspray is inside the oven, on the left side. So, you'd use hot soapy water to remove the oven cleaner over spray.
Of course, if you wanted, you might provide some more useful information. Rather than just vague trolling.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 6:43:23 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You should not have assumed that it was inside the oven.
I forgive you.
Andy
On 1/9/2016 3:10 AM, Andy wrote:

You're still unforgiven for the vague troll.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/5/2016 12:00 AM, Muggles wrote:

That's the only thing I can figure. Trying to clean the oven, and sprayed some clean area.
Warm or hot water, and a scrubby. Might try diluted vinegar, as the oven cleaner is alkalai.
On 1/4/2016 9:57 PM, Andy wrote:

You've not indicated what the oversprayed substance likely *is*! Also, I assume by "oven" you genuinely *mean* "oven" (i.e., not stovetop, etc.). Do you mean the oven's interior or exterior?
My GoTo solvents tend to be: - soapy water (soaking things) - alcohol - mineral spirits - acetone - MEK - xylene - brake fluid etc.
The order in which I will try them and the ones that I will "disqualify" varies based on the material that I am trying to remove as well as the "base material" (that, presumably, I would like to protect/preserve, to some degree).
[N.B. Many of these are nasty and you should consult the associated MSDS before using]
On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:57:19 -0800 (PST), Andy
For piffle dust, I recommend Amway Piffle Remover

On 1/5/2016 1:15 AM, Micky wrote:

Oddly enough, both eco friendly, and actually does work. I used to love LOC when I was Amway distributor.
I got a used TV which stank of cigarette film. Bit of Zoom and warm water and a rag, and the nicotine came right off.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/04/2016 11:57 PM, Andy wrote:

Bar Keepers Friend
On 1/4/2016 11:57 PM, Andy wrote:

Far too complicated. Oven cleaners are typically lye and some detergent. Use hot water and a nylon scrubby pad.
On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:57:19 -0800 (PST), Andy
Folks, I just noticed. The OP is Andy
He goes from one ng to another posting off-topic, irrelevant, and often stupid posts. He should see a psychological therapist.
I'm sorry I wasted my time answering him (kerplunk).
Andy, grow up.