Cleaning Wooden Deck

I have a large covered deck that I stained a month ago. Unfortunately, due to unavoidable repairs on the other part of the house, a large amount of mud was tracked onto the deck. Could someone tell me the best way to clean up the deck, which now has a good amount of dirt tracked on to it. I tried a regular hose with a sprayer, and it didn't do much good. I have heard that strong pressure sprayers could be counterproductive. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JD
Try soap and a brush

A pressure washer can easily "etch" the wood.
Charlie
On 29 May 2006 14:59:51 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com"

Use a carwash brush fitted with a soap dispenser, garden hose, any dishwashing or laundry liquid. Go easy on the soap!
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Low suds detergent and a deck brush will work quite nicely.