Cleaning uncured epoxy

I added epoxy to the inside if some small plastic parts to reinforce them. Unfortunately, I did not mix the epoxy sufficiently. Can anyone recommend a cleaner/solvant which would remove the epoxy I can't scrape out, without disolving the plastic?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Probably depends on what kind of plastic.

MB

On 05/27/04 09:29 pm Bob put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Acetone is good for the glue, *but* it also eats many plastics.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Look at the package that the epoxy came in and see what it says about cleanup.

I found to my relief that J & B that hadn't cured could be cleaned up with soap and water.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Instead of trying to remove it, lightly go over it with some well mixed epoxy adding a little more hardener than the directions call for.

Bob

Reply to
rck

"Charlie Bress" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

try denatured alcohol if the water does ot work.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Jim K

You can also try vinegar.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I ended up doing a quick rinse with lacquer thinner, followed by the below.

Bob

well mixed

for.

would