Cleaning tiles? ? ?

We have a build-up of wax on our old hearth bricks. It won't come off even with Ajax.

I've been told there's a solution which will do this job. Any recommendations welcome.

I should add, it might not be wax but varnash on the tiles.

Reply to
Ray

If it is a build up of grime, use TSP

If it is a varnish, use a paint stripper, then use TSP.

Tri Sodium Phosphate cleaner is available at the hardware store and many grocery as well, read the label.

Reply to
PipeDown

Thanks Pipe -- I got some TSP and will try it when the weather permits windows to be open.

Reply to
Ray