Cleaning the gutters before the storm (why do I always wait 'till the end)

Oren wrote, on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:06:55 -0800:

I think all the other drainage pipes must be buried because I've never seen them pop out of the ground like this one does.

I suspect there are at least three or four outlets, as the house is on a hill so all four sides slope downward, so, it wouldn't make sense to curl around the house from the other side to here.

So, I think, the system was designed to be totally underground. That means, I think, that there "may" be a holding tank somewhere.

Maybe it goes into the leach field system? That one set of outflow pipes (black and white) is in the general vicinity of the leach field.

Is it normal for roof drainage to go underground into a leach field?

Reply to
Danny D.

The stuff I take is often packed pretty well. I get on my hands and knees.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Oren wrote, on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:32:04 -0800:

Right now, I'm working on the generator, but I have another pipe on the other side that has surfaced so I will check it out.

Now that I see what these two pipes look like, I'm pretty sure the one that has surfaced (but not the end) is a drainage pipe.

I'll double check and report back.

Reply to
Danny D.