Cleaning the gutters before the storm (why do I always wait 'till the end)

Page 2 of 2
Danny D. wrote, on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 20:40:42 +0000:

BTW, this is spewing out on a steep almost-vertical cliff of mud.
I wonder, if, when I have the time/energy/money/inclination, etc., if there is a way to *capture* all that water that is spewing off my roof?
I tasted the water and it's clean and it looks clear, and the roof is tile so it's as clean as can be. If I keep the gutters clean, the water should be drinkable (it's just rainwater, after all).
At the very least, I can use it in the pool (which is a few hundred feet away from this drainage opening).
The pipes look broken, so they look like they still went further, but this is a good 100 feet from the house so it's on a steep hillside of mud.
I wonder if there is an inexpensive holding tank that I can put on the hillside to capture this water for re-use during the dry times (which is 90% of the year)?
Do any of you capture your rainwater for re-use?
Oren wrote, on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:06:55 -0800:

I think all the other drainage pipes must be buried because I've never seen them pop out of the ground like this one does.
I suspect there are at least three or four outlets, as the house is on a hill so all four sides slope downward, so, it wouldn't make sense to curl around the house from the other side to here.
So, I think, the system was designed to be totally underground. That means, I think, that there "may" be a holding tank somewhere.
Maybe it goes into the leach field system? That one set of outflow pipes (black and white) is in the general vicinity of the leach field.
Is it normal for roof drainage to go underground into a leach field?
Oren wrote, on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:32:04 -0800:

Right now, I'm working on the generator, but I have another pipe on the other side that has surfaced so I will check it out.
Now that I see what these two pipes look like, I'm pretty sure the one that has surfaced (but not the end) is a drainage pipe.
I'll double check and report back.