cleaning suspended ceilings

Has anyone had any luck cleaning suspended ceilings. I can't find much info on what the best way to do it.
Some will need painting and that's okay, I can move them to one room and keep them all together. But I'm trying to find the cheapest way to rehab them in bulk due to the fact that I have over 2000 s.f. of times that need to be done.

Replace them or paint them. Any liquid cleaner is pretty much going to make a mess.

the labor to paint (unless your time is free) versus just buying a bulk pack of new tiles. (about a buck a square foot at borg, cheaper at a wholesale place, I'm sure.) Unless they have the plastic skin, they are basically unwashable, being made of compressed dust and all.....
Now, the grids themselves are washable with typical cleaners and rags, and paintable if degreased, but be aware that not all the joints will be solid, and some of the bars will float around and need fussing when you put the tiles back.
aem sends....