Cleaning stainless steel appliances

We recently acquired stainless steel appliances and have tried 4 different cleaners ... they all work to some extent but all have problems. The worst problem is that they tend to interact with each other and produce a streaky mess.
WD-40 works like a champ, is faster/easier, and is less costly.
I know, a bit OT ... please be kind.

WD40 will eventually turn to a gummy mess, its really a drying agent.........
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:49:18 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

A much better cleaner is that waterless hand cleaner used in machine shops and garages. It takes out grease and stains and even polishes the metal. All it needs is a dry paper towel to finish up as it does not leave any residue like oils or soap.
Check out a janitorial supply. They make a stainless "oil" we used to use to shine the pi$$ out of drinking fountains. On the dixie choppers, I use ATF. But it collects dust. But on a lawnmower, what the hell.
--
Steve Barker

"Charles Schuler" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/stainlesssteel
http://consumer.simplegreen.com/cons_prod_stain.php
--
Steve Barker

"Steve Barker" < snipped-for-privacy@some.yahoo.com> wrote in message
windex
teve Barker wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:49:18 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

Try seltzer water.
I'll continue to use the WD40 and report back in six months (even if my appliances slime over and begin to disintegrate).