Cleaning shower stall glass

I can't get my friggin' shower clean!
We moved into a brand spanking new home in April and I was determined not to let the shower get away from me. So within a few days of moving in I washed all the glass of the shower stall with CarX. This worked great! Water just ran off the glass and the religous spraying with Tilex shower spray helped keep the shower clean. When it needed cleaning I just used Windex. Good as new.
Six months later I washed it with the CarX again.
About a month later my wife cleans the shower because we had people coming over and a tour was eventual. She used Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. I'm not saying she did anything but it's a fact and the shower started getting dirty about a week after this.
We have two sliding doors and one glass wall. The wall and one of the doors are as clean as you might expect, even the two tiled walls are scum free. But the other door is covered with white spots all over and NOTHING is getting them out. I've tried all sorts of soap scum removers, CLR, baking soda, cooktop cleaners, Kaboom, you name it and nothing is cleaning the glass. It's almost like it's *stained*.
There's gotta be something out there which will clean glass. I've never heard of stained-dirty glass. Any suggestions? Is it possible it's defective in some way?
We have a one year inspection coming up and I'll show it to our rep. They're really cool and we're not demanding so fingers are crossed they might just replace it free (they replaced our french door because they noticed the latch wasn't lined up properly - we didnt even notice a problem!). But there's gotta be SOMETHING out there that'll do the job. I mean, it's GLASS!
-Otter
If the spots are mineral deposits then you need some kind of acid to remove them. Try vinegar. Once you get the spots off, the only way to keep shower walls clean and spot free is to dry them with a towel after each use. It's worth the effort.
Also, tile should be sealed or it will stain. The builder probably didn't do that.
-rev
-- PDQ
--
| If the spots are mineral deposits then you need some kind of acid to | remove them. Try vinegar. Once you get the spots off, the only way to | keep shower walls clean and spot free is to dry them with a towel after | each use. It's worth the effort. | | Also, tile should be sealed or it will stain. The builder probably | didn't do that. | | | -rev |
Dow Bubble Wash
Suggested Use: Bath: Pour into warm running water. Shower: Pour on your hands or onto a sponge and wash.
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laurel Sulfate (from palm and ricinus oil), Cocamide Mea, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin A, Vitamin D2, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Lecithin, Extracts of Chamomile, Marigold, Sage, Yarrow, Orange Blossoms, Lavender, Elder Flowers and Fennel, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance
--

There is nothing in this product that would aid in cleaning a tub or =
shower.
PDQ wrote:

Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin A, Vitamin D2, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Lecithin, Extracts of Chamomile, Marigold, Sage, Yarrow, Orange Blossoms, Lavender, Elder Flowers and Fennel, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance

Water doesn't clean a people? As Buckminster Fuller said, showering is a mechanical process, not a chemical one.
The OP mentioned Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, not Dow Bubble Wash. Entirely different products and you'd be wise not to confuse the two.
-- PDQ
--
| PDQ wrote: | > | > Dow Bubble Wash | > | > Suggested Use: | > Bath: Pour into warm running water. Shower: Pour on your hands or onto a sponge and wash. | > | > Ingredients: | > Water, Sodium Laurel Sulfate (from palm and ricinus oil), Cocamide Mea, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin A, Vitamin D2, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Lecithin, Extracts of Chamomile, Marigold, Sage, Yarrow, Orange Blossoms, Lavender, Elder Flowers and Fennel, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance | > | > There is nothing in this product that would aid in cleaning a tub or shower. | > There is nothing in this product that would aid in cleaning a people either. | | Water doesn't clean a people? As Buckminster Fuller said, showering is | a mechanical process, not a chemical one. | | The OP mentioned Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, not Dow Bubble Wash. Entirely | different products and you'd be wise not to confuse the two. | | R |
Point well taken. Mea culpa.

The OP said he used CLR. That should have taken care of mineral spots if they were the usual calcium deposits
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:29:32 -0500, "Charlie Bress"

Yeah, I tried the CLR twice actually. The second time I thought I'd take off the shower door, lay it flat and let it soak for a couple hours. But the shower is designed (stupidly) in a way that you can't remove a door without taking the thing apart. So I sprayed the door every ten-fifteen minutes for an hour or so. That did nothing.
Vinegar is the only thing I have yet to try that I've seen. It's been suggested I add a little real lemon juice to it.
I sealed the shower tile as well. :)
-Otter