cleaning rubber hose...

I'm cleaning the humidifier in the air-force furnace. There is a thin transparent rubber hose that dumps the water down. This hose looks a bit dirty -salt and chemicals from the water-. How can i clean it? It is too long -about 8 meters to the drain-. I can pass water through it but... i think i should add something that removes the dirt
thanks
Albert
For whatever it is worth, I had a similar problem (although my plastic hose was only about 6 feet long). After several attempts to clean with detergent, Chlorox, etc. I decided it was better to go to Home Depot and just buy new hose every few years; probably cheaper than all the time and effort and chemical $$$ that I put in to the cleaning effort.
albert wrote:

Duct Tape!
Cover the hose with duct tape and it will be fine. If you want the deluxe fix buy some black hose and never need to clean it again.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math