cleaning rubber hose...

I'm cleaning the humidifier in the air-force furnace. There is a thin transparent rubber hose that dumps the water down. This hose looks a bit dirty -salt and chemicals from the water-. How can i clean it? It is too long -about 8 meters to the drain-. I can pass water through it but... i think i should add something that removes the dirt

thanks

Albert

Reply to
albert

For whatever it is worth, I had a similar problem (although my plastic hose was only about 6 feet long). After several attempts to clean with detergent, Chlorox, etc. I decided it was better to go to Home Depot and just buy new hose every few years; probably cheaper than all the time and effort and chemical $$$ that I put in to the cleaning effort.

Reply to
Retiree

Duct Tape!

Cover the hose with duct tape and it will be fine. If you want the deluxe fix buy some black hose and never need to clean it again.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan