Cleaning putty from faucet screens and aerator

Hi,
We recently had some plumbing work done for our bathroom sinks water supply. Something that looks like plumbers putty got into the water lines and clogged up the faucet screens and aerators.
The faucets are fancy imported ones and I couldn't find replacement screens and aerators at the hardware store. While I'm waiting for new ones to be mailed to me, I'm wondering, can the putty be dissolved somehow? Is it poisonous? TIA,
mrsgator88 wrote:

Putty is a mixture of linseed oil and whiting (fine calcium carbonate) and won't hurt you. Paint thinner may dissolve it, certainly will if the putty is still soft.
--

dadiOH

I did remove the assembly. The "screen" is actually 6 layers of mesh, each of which has putty jammed in. The aerator is a two part plastic piece. And, there's two faucets. I spent some time trying to push the stuff out with a needle and was getting nowhere fast. I'd much rather dissolve it if possible.
Cooking oil will soften putty, warm will soften it faster, followed by some dish detergent. mrsgator88 wrote:

Yes, it is poisonous and you will die in the next 5 minutes...... You have 5 minutes to call your lawyer and sue that bastard plumber. Do it NOW. Just hope the lawyer dont have his phone line tied up.
Well, actually, if you have fancy imported faucets, you really dont need the money from that lawsuit, so just go die in peace.