Cleaning porcelain stove?

Hello,

Any product suggestions for cleaning baked on black stuff on porcelain burner plates? Bleach based products do not work (stove is white).

Thanks,

Cin

Reply to
Cindy

My choice is BonAmi's original formula (yellow can not gold). It is softer than the porcelain so it will not damage it, but it does do a good job of cleaning.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Lye (Easy Off). Spray on cans are handy.

Reply to
dadiOH

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the tip. Does it take major soaking or does it take really baked on stuff off easily?

Thanks,

Cin

Reply to
Cindy

Easy Off. P.S. the stuff works great on fiberglass showers too.

Reply to
loupark

BonAmi would not be good for soaking, although a little can't hurt and seems to help. If that can't get it, I usually try Simple Green. Next is oven cleaner, but I have found that needed very seldom. I keep it around to clean off saw blades.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan