Cleaning porcelain stove?

Hello,
Any product suggestions for cleaning baked on black stuff on porcelain burner plates? Bleach based products do not work (stove is white).
Thanks,
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only
Cindy wrote:

My choice is BonAmi's original formula (yellow can not gold). It is softer than the porcelain so it will not damage it, but it does do a good job of cleaning.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for the tip. Does it take major soaking or does it take really baked on stuff off easily?
Thanks,
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only
Cindy wrote:

BonAmi would not be good for soaking, although a little can't hurt and seems to help. If that can't get it, I usually try Simple Green. Next is oven cleaner, but I have found that needed very seldom. I keep it around to clean off saw blades.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Easy Off. P.S. the stuff works great on fiberglass showers too.
Cindy wrote:

Lye (Easy Off). Spray on cans are handy.
--
dadiOH