Cleaning paint brushes

Had a nice brush that I used to apply varnish and, as is my burden, didn't clean it very well.
"Oh, what the heck," I said, "might as well use it to apply MEK."
That really FUBARed the brush.
So, I decided to try the technique I learned at last week's Home & Garden Show painting class; it's a three-step process:
1. Swish the brush around in mineral spirits for ten seconds or more, spin out the brush*. 2. Swish the brush in a 50-50 mixture of mineral spirits and alcohol, spin out the brush. 3. Swish the brush in 100% alcohol, spin out the brush.
The doggone brush turned out pristine. Heck, I could use it to apply shaving soap to a female porn star's nether regions! If I had shaving soap... and, oh yeah, a female porn star.
--
For latex paints, the technique is a bit different.
1. Swish the tool in water to which has been added a generous amount of -

And of course, at lesst for oil base, no need to clean a brush at all in the middle of a job. Jusst wrap in foil and put in refrig. Take out next day and go to painting. Been so long since I did any painting I don't recall if that works on latex.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Good idea. Another tip passed on from the master is to clean your brush (roller) every two hours of painting.
That paintbrush spinner mentioned above really put me in a happy place.

Heh! My 'spinner' was to use a garden hose nozzle and get it to spinning. Did a good job for sprinklin paint for 20 ft around (including on me).
Harry K