Cleaning natural brushes, what am I doing wrong?

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for your reply. I'll have to try 3 and 5, sounds like good ideas.
I assume "spin dry" is the same as "shake violently dry"
One thing that I never do is hang the brushes. I always put them back in their covers and lay them down horizontally. Perhaps this is my biggest mistake?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (davefr) wrote in message

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:43:21 -0700, raymondj wrote

The poster may have been referring to a brush and roller spinner. IMHO they're the secret to cleaning brushes. You can extract far more liquid than by shaking. It also makes it possible to reuse good roller covers pretty much indefinitely.

When using rollers on latex, I finish cleaning them by spinning them at high speed by grazing the surface with the jet from a blaster nozzle on the garden hose. Sweep the jet back and forth across the surface, spinning the roller fast, until the water coming off is clear.
Bob
All else being equal brushes with round shaped handles, like dowels, spin nicely between the hands.