Cleaning mold on floorboards & sealing

OK, I pulled up the water-damaged particle board and scrubbed the 2x6's = with clorox and let it dry. I want to be sure that no mold comes back =

-- is it OK to coat the 2x6's with a sealer?

Sam

Reply to
Sammy bin Snoozin

clorox and let it dry. I want to be sure that no mold comes back -- is it OK to coat the 2x6's with a sealer?

Sealer probably wont help, you have to stop the cause, excessive moisture.

Reply to
ransley

Just a thought?

Mold spores cannot be eliminated but we can get rid of it with the following steps: ? keep your house clean and dry ? observe proper ventilation and good lighting ? If possible, keep humidity in your house below

50% by using an air conditioner or dehumidifier. ? Fix any water problems immediately ? Clean mold off non-porous surfaces with a weak solution of bleach and water. Of course when cleaning mold, DO NOT FORGET to protect yourself by wearing long sleeves, pants, shoes, and rubber gloves, as well as goggles and a facemask.

Cheers!

Undermount Kitchen Sinks Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at

Undermount Kitchen Sinks

That thing above your head is a ceiling....not a sealing! LMAO

Reply to
curmudgeon