Cleaning Mildew From Toilet Tank--Safely

I noticed a strange odor coming from my toilet tank. I opened the lid, looked inside and sure enough, there's significant mold/mildew growing in there.
the obvious way to remove it is Clorox. But I'm concerned that if I start wiping Clorox inside there, it might end up damaging the rubber washers and other parts I see inside.
How can I do this job without the Clorox damaging the rubber parts and other parts?
[Please don't laugh, I'm a newbie when it comes to doing these types of jobs.]
-- Steven L.
Use ammonia, dip a toilet cleaning brush into it and scrub. Elbow grease does wonders.
Dave

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:39:19 GMT, Steven Litvintchouk

Where in there?
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...
Trent

Drain the tank, get a scrub brush, and go to work. If you want to do a REALLY thorough job, drain the tank, disassemble it and all those parts, scrub the tank then clean the assorted parts with a little more care. Pretty much everything you see in there can be easily replaced so I wouldn't worry about it.
James