Cleaning Manhattan shower doors

I have soap buildup/calcium on Manhattan glass shower doors and ammonia based cleaners take some of the stuff off but not completely. How can I get these doors sparkling clean without scratching the glass?
Ron
--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

I've found PineSol to be pretty good for shower doors. Cuts through soap scum very well.

Ammonia isn't very good at soap or calcium buildup. The "prepared" "soap scum removers" work reasonably well. CLR (or equivalent, like "ZEP" (Home Depot) calcium, lime and rust remover) work somewhat better (at the expense of being a little more dangerous).
[CLR and ZEP are moderately strong acid solutions. CLR is phosphoric/formic acid I think. ZEP is (mostly) a dilute HCl solution.]
In extreme cases, a carefully chosen muriatic acid (HCl) dilution may be necessary - assuming you check to ensure it won't damage anything, and provide _ample_ ventilation, breathing gear, skin and eye protection!
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:37:25 GMT, Freedom55 <"joinertake this

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's amazing. Just be sure to follow the directions.
Curly Sue wrote:

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:45:53 GMT, Freedom55 <"joinertake this

also what works is a bottle of Spray and Wash. Just spray it on, wait a minute or two and wipe off with a sponge. Completely gets rid of soap buildup on glass/plastic shower doors.