Cleaning Hardwood Floors

I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Vacume?
When I had swedish finish put on my floors, I was told to use a cup of vinegar in a gallon of water.
Bob
If they are Bruce pre finished floors, Bruce makes a cleaner that works well.

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:25:57 -0500, "Pat in Atlanta"

Dust mop or vacuum.
This is a kitchen. It needs more than dusting.

What kind of finish is on the wood? What does the manufacturer recommend? Not knowing that, the safest method is a slightly damp (water) sponge or mop. If the finish is polyurethane, you can use an oil soap (such as Murphy's oil soap--the gel is better than the liquid).
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:29:56 -0500, "Pat in Atlanta"

kitchen. They were done by an old timer, in business for 40 years. He recommended daily spot cleaning with a damp paper towel, and weekly damp mopping with water only, or to add a bit of vinegar for stubborn stains. He stressed not to use any commercial product because of product build-up. Personally, I feel that the kitchen floor isn't really clean until I actually get down on my knees each week to wet wipe it rather than use a mop. For the rest of the house I use a Shark cordless vacuum and those Swiffer mops on a daily basis. (I should own stock in the company!}
Liz