Cleaning dryer duct

I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned. I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much pressure, air to blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of that....how much pressure would they use? Seems like a rotating brush would be better Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

But the air is easier. You might try a leafblower. Take the outside covers off. Use a brush at the outside ends.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

20 ft, DIY, a brushing, then air sounds best. Just air I guess will leave all residue build up. But air is cheapest for a hack.
Reply to
ransley

Yep.

RicodJour

RicodJour wrote in news:7aa03204-c088-42e0-8a36- snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Just hope no one tries to use any type of brush if the pipe is that foil type crap.

Reply to
Red Green

yes you can use brush and air pressure but I believe you would do better with long hose and good vacuum cleaner and no brush

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Think cat.

Shaggy ones work best.

Reply to
HeyBub

An sudden air blast would do a quick job of it. I guess that would involve removing the ductowork from the dryer first and making sure nobody was at the other end when the blast came through. A garden hose works well--rubberband a wad of rags on the end and twist-and-pull back and forth--no purchasing a special brush and the hose goes a long distance and around turns.

Reply to
Phisherman