Cleaning dryer duct

I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned. I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much pressure, air to blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of that....how much pressure would they use? Seems like a rotating brush would be better Terry
Terry Cano wrote:

But the air is easier. You might try a leafblower. Take the outside covers off. Use a brush at the outside ends.
Lou

20 ft, DIY, a brushing, then air sounds best. Just air I guess will leave all residue build up. But air is cheapest for a hack.

Yep. http://www.rewci.com/dryerventclean.html

Just hope no one tries to use any type of brush if the pipe is that foil type crap.
yes you can use brush and air pressure but I believe you would do better with long hose and good vacuum cleaner and no brush

Terry Cano wrote:

Think cat.
Shaggy ones work best.

An sudden air blast would do a quick job of it. I guess that would involve removing the ductowork from the dryer first and making sure nobody was at the other end when the blast came through. A garden hose works well--rubberband a wad of rags on the end and twist-and-pull back and forth--no purchasing a special brush and the hose goes a long distance and around turns.