Cleaning dried acrylic latex off bricks.

Hello, My driveway is paved with red and gray bricks. Due to a porcelain tile laying project on my front door stairs, some of the bricks got stained with a diluted mixture of Keraply (R) (an acrylic latex dry-set mortar additive) and porcelain powder (from tile cutting). How do I clean up the stains? I called Mapei, the manufacturer of Keraply, and the technician who answered doesn't have a sure solution. He suggests, however, that hydrochloric acid (a.k.a. muriatic acid) may do the job but that I should check with a masonry/brick laying expert.
Would somebody know the answer? Would vinegar also work? (I know that vinegar is a much less potent acidic solution than hydrochloric acid, but I simply have way too much white vinegar at home.)

Whatever condenses out of oil-furnace exhaust is an EXCELLENT mortar solvent, and doesn't seem to degrade actual bricks much. That's what, sulferic acid?
Have you tried a powerwasher? Not too close though.

SwordAngel wrote:

Some acrylic latexes are kept in suspension with ammonia based systems, so try some undiluted household ammonia first and scrub vigorously. If that is ineffective, then switching to a strong acid should be tried next. Vinegar is too weak to be at all effective. Oxalic acid, a common component of old fashioned auto radiator flushes ought to work better, though slow. It will have less effect on brick mortar than hydrochloric, which you may still have to apply as the last resort. Good luck.
Joe
Oxalic acid is highly toxic so be careful with it.

Paint remover should work. Or the Goof Off all purpose remover. One unknown is how clean looking the other bricks are. Whatever you use to remove the paint may result in that area being much cleaner looking. In which case, you'll need to power wash the whole thing, which should make it uniform again.