Cleaning Creosote off Glass Fireplace Doors

Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner, but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the junk off.
Thanks,
M.
Any kind of liquid cleaner. Spray it on and spread it around on the glass. Let it set a few minutes. Rub it with a balled up sheet of newspaper dampened with the cleaner and dipped into the fireplace ash.
Bob

oven cleaner

Michael wrote:

Mineral spirits would probably work - I used to use ms to remove tar. Be sure, if you use mineral spirits, that all traces are gone before you light a fire. I know you know better - just had to say it :o)

detergent. Dissolve 1/4 cup in a quart of warm water. The goo will wipe off.
For the glass on a wood-burning fireplace, the unbelievably simple solution is to use the wood ash itself. Dip a wet paper towel in the ash, rub it on the glass, dissolves the stuff in about five seconds. Wipe it clean with another damp paper towel. Way easier/cheaper/eco-friendlier than anything else I can think of. As I said, unbelievable.
D.

Dennis M. Straussfogel, Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering Consultant
Single edge razor blade followed by windex wiped off with yesterday's newspaper.
soap, water, and newspaper.
--
rosie
( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)