Cleaning concrete

I've got about a thousand (at least) sf of concrete driveways and walkways. It is dyed very light red, like a faded rose.. The builder did a sloppy job. They splattered some regular concrete mud here and there, and it dried. Now I have regular concrete on top of dyed stuff. This concrete is years old.

I went out there with a power washer and a wire brush and a scraper, and knocked down some of the worst places. And I have a million curlie que lines where the power washer washed. Still, some of the areas are gray with the topical application of concrete. The wire brush didn't do anything. The scraper knocked off the blobs, and helped the most. The power washer blasted off what it could, but there's still lots of spots it wouldn't remove.

Is there any way to generally clean the concrete? I would think I would have to special treat the problem areas, but if I do that, won't they look spotted and obviously altered like the power washer lines? Probably do two or three applications, the first to the spots, the second in general.

I have grass bordering on one portion, so acid wouldn't be a good deal unless I am very careful, or am just willing to sacrifice some grass.

What would you do?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

theres nothing you can do to make it perfect:( after a few years the concrete under the splatters no longer matches the unsplatered areas.

learn to live with it or try staining the regular concrete splatters

Reply to
hallerb

Did you try a rotary nozzle for your power washer? They work great on concrete and can be quite addictive to use. After I cleaned my driveway I went over to my mom's and did hers, my girlfriend's, the neighbor's etc...

Reply to
Meat Plow

No. I just bought a new Husky, and will look in the packet to see if one's included. I've never heard of one before now. Sounds interesting. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

from what I understans about rotary is that if you've got x psi pressure, you can use a rotary nozzle and you're supposed to then have an equaivalent

Reply to
bent

Reply to
bent