cleaning coils under the fridge

Hello, We have this side-by-side whirlpool refrigerator. Yesterday, we attempted to clean the coils under the fridge, but could only reach the front set of coils. There seem to be about 3 or 4 of them and they are beyond my reach.
I have a long brush, but notice that it is unable to reach beyond the first set of coils. Although it's long it's not thin enough to fit in the 2nd and 3rd set of coils.
Is there a special device that is thin and long enough to reach to all coils and also are they vacuum attachments?
I also attempted to vacuum, but couldn't reach beyond the 1st set of coils.
THANKS!

1. Mount the fridge on rollers 2. Roll the fridge forward off its footprint. 3. With whatever duster reaches (from any of four sides) remove dust from the coils. 4. Roll the fridge back into its place. 5. Sweep the floor.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
ap wrote:

I bought a refrigerator coil brush from Sears. It's a very long rat-tail-looking brush that can get into the coils under my Whirlpool 18 fridge. IIRC, it cost about $5.
Bob

Yes. There is a special brush just for this purpose. You can buy one online or Home Depot. You can duct-tape a straw on the end of your crevice vacuum attachment.
It is messy as hell, but the easiest and best way is to blow it out with compressed air. Back in the good old days we used to blow them out with the Freon tank. Larry

IMHO: Two things come to mind and I have one.
1. There is a tv commercial for some long 'pipe cleaner' looking toold that will go btween the coils of the fridge.
2. An attachment that is like a long 1" x 3/4" hose that will fit back inbetween coils of the fridge. I have this, I picked it up at wally-mart. It seems to work.
Just thinking out loud,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
You mean walmart. And you went to the store, correct? Again, can you check what it is called.
THANKS!
Tom The Great wrote:

You mean walmart. And you went to the store, correct? Again, can you check what it is called.
THANKS!
Tom The Great wrote:

And it was purchased at Walmart?
Rick wrote:

I got mine at Lowes...lots of places should have them...
I do have that brush, but it doesn't reach the back of the coils, only the front set of coils. Is there something even thinner that reaches the back or something like a vaccuum attachment for it? I googled and found wonder wand, not sure if you folks had success with it. let me know...
THANKS Rick wrote:

Tape it to a yardstick or something, that will make it long enough...