Cleaning Cigarette film (YIKK!!!)

This one didn't make it through, so I'll try again. Sorry if it's a dup post.

When my grand mother died, she left me her TV. Which was coated with smokers film. Pine cleaner and warm water took that off.

Cleaning AC coils, I've seen some coil cleaners which do a nice job removing smokers film.

Couple folks I know, smoke in the minivan. What's a good way to remove the smoke from plastic surfaces, windows, upholstery, seats, small children in carseats, etc.?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For glass and plastics, any window cleaner will remove the film.

For cloth you may be looking at a steam cleaner like those used for household furniture and carpet [or a smaller equivalent]. Or you may want to talk to a car detailing shop.

I know there's also a carpet cleaner in a spray can, normally found at auto parts stores I think. I've never used it so I can't testify to it's effectiveness.

In the meantime you could ban smoking in the minivan.

As for the small children, you can just toss them in the tub.

Reply to
Hopkins

i do know wet newspaper can clean the glass off. lucas

Reply to
ds549

Napalm is best, but charcoal lighter fluid will work in a pinch.

Reply to
Dan C

For odor removal (esp smoke) on cloth I suggest Fabreeze.

About a year ago I COMPLETELY filled my house with cooking smoke, long story.

Tthe Fabreeze took a while (weeks) but it worked. Repeated applications were necessary.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I'm with BobK207 as far as Fabreze goes. I haven't filled my house with smoke..yet..but I use it on routine stuff.

d... mentioned newspaper -- it's good for eliminating streaks when cleaning glass [use instead of paper towels].

Reply to
Hopkins

Why would you want to do so?

Some feel cigarette film is the equivalent of the stain on the navy blue dress: Evidence of long-ago pleasure.

Reply to
HeyBub

and, Sanka stains no doubt...

Reply to