Cleaning Brick

Our power was out for four days a few years ago and we lived in the livingroom using our fireplace. It's a regular fireplace but we use gas logs. We have never been able to get all the bricks clean since then. We used muriatic acid as directed and some came clean but not all. The bricks directly above the fireplace opening are still sooty looking. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Patscga