Cleaning Brick

I had a couple loose bricks on my step, I repointed them and they came out pretty well. The problem I;m having is a haze from left over mortar on some of the surrounding brick. When I wet it, it goes away. I tried scrubbing it then rinsing but the haze returns when it dries. Is there a chemical or some other way I can get the white mortar haze off of these bricks?

muriatic acid is your friend follow label directions exactly and wear eye protection

I think I'd try white vinegar before muriatic acid. Might not work as well, but it's also far less likely to damage the brick or the mortar, and it's cheap.
--
Regards,

WIll it remove paint as well?

muriatic acid is your friend follow label directions exactly and wear eye protection
Where can I pick it up? Any local home store ?