Clean water in Africa

Page 8 of 8
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:08:27 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

You can get just as sick, just as fast, in Mexico

I'd put Mexico also on my list of places not to visit. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
wrote: >Ah, health problems. I dumped Lenny after he got

You can get just as sick, just as fast, in Mexico
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:29:27 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

If you stay away from anywhere you might possibly get sick you are going to have a hard time finding a place with enough square footage to even stand up, Stormy. And you better not EVER go to bed. Don't you know more Americans die in BED than anywhere else?????
I've travelled in Mexico. Almost 40 years ago. No great desire to go back - but more because of the political situation and general lawlessness in most of the country. And you think Africa is corrupt?????
Africa Mexico Public bathrooms Bed / sleeping Bathtub (falls) Door knobs in public places Coin returns of public phones (AIDS needles) theatre seat cushions (more AIDS needles) Fast Food (you know what those workers do...) Salads and vegetables handled by workers Peanut butter with salmonella Religious door knockers (you know.... the cult....)
What else to put on my list of things to avoid? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
If you stay away from anywhere you might possibly get sick you are going to have a hard time finding a place with enough square footage to even stand up, Stormy. And you better not EVER go to bed. Don't you know more Americans die in BED than anywhere else?????
I've travelled in Mexico. Almost 40 years ago. No great desire to go back - but more because of the political situation and general lawlessness in most of the country. And you think Africa is corrupt?????
On Jun 18, 2:04 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

d.

There is nothing can be done Duf, it is an insoluble problem. Interference only makes things worse.
On 6/18/2013 2:12 AM, harry wrote:

I would guess the biggest problem is not understanding the culture and political situation in those countries with a large population of folks in desperate situations. I would think the best help is expressed by the old adage containing the words "Teach a man to fish". I can't feel anger toward the wonderful caring people who are trying to help but what happens is often out of their control and the results are not what they expected. o_O
TDD
Sounds like Clare, like me in my Lenny days, was trying to help them learn new skills and take care of themselves. I respect that.
I wonder if powerful multi national corporations were keeping Lenny on the porch with the cordless phone? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I salute you and your family for trying to help those poor folks in such
a bad situation. The people who really help are few and far between and that's a real shame. If I ever start to feel sorry for myself, all I have to do is remember the folks around the world who's lives are so much harder than my own. I know that if I resided in one of those Third World countries, I would have been dead long ago. The nurse called today with news of a new pain medication they want me to try. I wouldn't have access to such medical care in a third world country and I would suffer a lot worse fate. o_O
TDD
Metspitzer wrote:

Even better - why not send pallets of birth-control pills?

Much of the water being carried is coming from a stream or water-hole - not a well The plastic containers are either re-purposed (cooking oil containers, pails that other products are shipped in, containers that are imported (from China or wherever) or containers made in the country (often as part of a recycling program) All of the above were used when I was in Zambia and Burkina Faso.
Boreholes, or wells, are being dug by many aid agencies, and pumps are being installed - but the water is still in most cases hand carried (or head carried) from the well to the house. In some cases barrels are used on carts. The pumps are manually operated, and usually of simple enough construction that they can be maintained by the villagers themselves.

cious

astic,

ype aid.

ou

in-africa...quoted text -

Sigh.... Along with the UK, Canada, France, the rest of NATO, etc. So, why is this a USA thing again? And the charge was made that we do it to take their resources, what resources exactly did we take in the case of Libya?
I mean this country has conquered more territory than any country in history. Even when countries attack us, do we enslave them, take their resources? Hell no, we rebuild them, give them aid, set up democracy and give them a decent shot at peace and prosperity.
So, only a total village idiot would look at the very limited intervention in Libya to end a civil war that was done by a coaltiion of many countries as some example of evil perpetrated by the USA on Africa.

t>

wns

picious

plastic,

type aid.

you

cal

s.

ve

n-in-africa...text -

Iraq-oil Afghanistan-lithium Nicoragua-bananas,pineapples etc Cuba-sugar Mexico-land grab, Iran-Israel Canada-land grab Hawaii-land grab Philipines-naval base
Already forgotten you bombed Libya in 1986?

There are many countries conquered more territory then the USA.
But then you don't even know your own history never mind anyone else's.
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:38:18 -0700 (PDT), harry

Historically the UK has conquered MANY more countries and a LOT more land the the USA has in it's short 200+ year history.
So has France -