Clean water in Africa

No she's not.She's just swanning around perfoming nothing useful. No African would pay any attention to her so she can't do anything of use.
It's a man's world in Africa. To them, women are less than dog turds. Always been that way, always will. Get your heads out of your stupid American arses. The rest of the world is not like America.

Why the USA? She does not live here so she may want to go back to her country of origin where she lives.

If everone planked the jerk none of us would have to deal with him any more.
On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 14:23:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

OK, Harry, please start packing.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That is a bad thing how?

Another ignorant Yank f***r Women are nobodies in Africa. They do all the menial work and have babies. In general she would be ignored by the locals.
There is no future career for any woman in Africa. Only scrubbing the floor and having babies

How wrong you are. In MOST of Africa, the women do all of the work and run most of the commerce - while the men are either a)- working out of the country,or b) otherwize occupied.

True. Women do all the menial tasks. Commerce is rusualy unning a stall in the local market. They work like dogs. Especially in the countryside, hand hoeing fields for example, usually pregnant and carrying another child on their back. The men sit on their fat arses and watch then do it. Their anbition is to own a suit and a breifcase. As they have no useful skills/education, the men are unwanted in other countries except as labourers. Most places they go as illegal immigrants. A bit like Mexicans but totally useless.
Wadi you think of that? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
wrote:

She'd leave him in the first wadi they come too.

I have been visiting these countries for years, I don't need some dopey Yank. Most of the charity money is wasted on administration, bribery and various forms of local corruption. Oh and advertising to get more money in. Another big business, charity funding. And stupid Yanks swanning around at the donors expense. In the past some has even ended up being used to buy weapons. What little money that does end up digging wells is counter productive. Water tables are depleted, imported grazing animals destroy the local habit and desertification results. These places are over populated, a well just enables greater overpopulation so that when the crunch arrives, it is worse than it would have been. Much of the ground water in arid Africa has been there for millenia and is not replaced when removed. I'm sure there are similar places in the USA and some people here will live in them
You f****g Yanks are so thick and ignorant you are unbelievable. You need to get off your arses, get an education and travel before making comment. Oh and education is not watching Fox news.
Charities are like banks these days. They exist primarily for the benefit of those running them, not for the recipients. They are often used for money laundering and tax evasion.
The other big rip off is so called "Fair Trade"

Thank goodness neither I, my daughter, or the organization she works for is a "yank".
Nothing against "Yanks" - but it just shows what kind of a sorry bigot Harry is.

Just telling you the facts. I'm surprised you never thought to check before she went out there. There are numerous security, social and health risks in Africa. And I mean life threatening/changing ones.
It is helpfull if they're not Yanks. There is nothing dumber than a Yank in a foreign country.

I been there long enough to realise that charity work is a total wste of time. The main beneficiaries are the already rich (by local standards) All this due to corruption and graft which is rife.
Being English, Harry can tell them just exactly what they are doing wrong, and how to set their third world nation right. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

May I make a suggestion? Have your daughter take Harry along so he can observe and report back to us with his unbiased opinion.
On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:48:03 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

They could always become a colony

Ultimately colonisation was a bad idea. Look how you lot turned out. The Chinese are trying to colonise Africa. You may be next.
England would be pleased to have Africa as a colony? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
wrote: >Being English, Harry can tell them just exactly what

They could always become a colony
Being English, Harry can tell them just exactly what they are doing wrong, and how to set their third world nation right. . Christopher A. Young No I can't. There is no solution to Africa's problems short of permanent occupation. This has been tried but was ultimately too costly. Unfortunately, things will/are getting worse.
These charities are just a career for certain crooks/religious organisations that prey on on well meaning donors in the wealthier countries. They often put the lives of their workers at risk. I am worried for Clair's daugther as he/she seems so ignorant about Africa.
Some years ago, I met a fellow who lived near me. City grown person. He grew up in a welfare home. I grew up in the suburbs. I decided to see if I could coach him in some better ways to do things. What I found was that everything he did came with a big list of reasons. Which reasons made no sense to me. And everything I suggested was declined for a big list of reasons. Which list of reasons made no sense to me. And so twenty years later, the only thing I accomplished was to have wasted a lot of time and money and effort. And some antacids based on frustration. Twenty years later he had fewer teeth and a couple heart attacks from smoking and fatty dieet of city foods. The tax payer had paid for most of his cigs, and had paid for his couple days in the hospital and is presently paying for all his medication. When I met hin, his idea of how to spend time was to stand on the front porch with a cigarette and cordless phone, and chat with the people walking by. When I said good bye to him, he was standing on the front porch with a cigarette, and cordless phone, chatting with the people going by.
I don't plan to go to Africa any time in my life. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I had the same missgivings when I was in Africa (Zambia) 40 years ago. Was it effective for me to be there teaching when they had their own people who were capable of teaching - but could make more money working in private business because I was willing to be there basically teaching for nothing??? Might it not have been better to work towards getting their own people involved rather than having Cuso volunteers do the job? The CIDA funded directors of the program had a pretty nice gig going that they were not too interested in working their way out of. Can't complain about sun 9 months of the year, cheap beer, and a relatively easy expatriate lifestyle, along with a good salary and "hardship bonus".
For my part, I tried to instill in my students a sense of responsibility, and a sense of PRIDE - so that they might consider teaching others - passing on the knowlege they were SO FORTUNATE to have the opportunity to have provided for them. I have to believe that at least a few of my 35 students went on to be a positive influence in their world. After 2 years I came home with empty pockets, but a lifetime of experiences to look back on.
My later time in Burkina Faso I sometimes also had to wonder if there was any point to being there. The people group I was involved in had real trust issues - they didn't trust each other farther than they could throw each other - and with good reason - as honesty was not a commodity in great supply. My friends had, by that time, been working with this group for about 17 years, and had been really questioning if anything was getting through. While I was there they found out about some serious duplicity and deciet that was causing serious problems in the community. They had to leave the community a year or so later, if for no other reason than to preserve their sanity - although health was the more significant force. They still had contact and were still working with the community, although not living in the community. Going back 10 or more years later, the whole fabric of the village has changed - they are more trusting and trustworthy - and along with that they are becoming more self sufficient and prosperous, and more healthy. They had an influence - and they had to step back and let it perculate for a while.
On 6/16/2013 7:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I salute you and your family for trying to help those poor folks in such a bad situation. The people who really help are few and far between and that's a real shame. If I ever start to feel sorry for myself, all I have to do is remember the folks around the world who's lives are so much harder than my own. I know that if I resided in one of those Third World countries, I would have been dead long ago. The nurse called today with news of a new pain medication they want me to try. I wouldn't have access to such medical care in a third world country and I would suffer a lot worse fate. o_O
TDD