Clean spray foam can nozzle?

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:44:01 +0000, Jackbear

All you got to do, is stick a piece of bailing wire in the nozzle immediately after use. When you want to use the can again, pull this wire and the dried foam comes out. This may not work for long time storage, but if you want to use the can within a few days, it works everytime.
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 14:58:50 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

a thimblefull of acetone and a puff of compressed air does the job.Particularly if you get it when it's fresh - but I've done it days later too.

longer than totally clearing the tube??? I don't think so. And the pipe cleaner can bet "glued in" by the foam too. When I rinse with acetone and blow the tube out, it's pretty much as clean as new.

A "clean " tube will be useable any time from 5 minutes from now to 5 years from now.
A pipe cleaner can be stuck in, never to come out again - or might come out with a lot of pulling.
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:39:28 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Bailing wire does the same as the pipe cleaners.
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:20:40 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

The answer saying to use pipe cleaner because it would last longer was in reply to flushing the rube with acetone and blowing it perfectly clean with a blast of air. The baling wire might be easier to get out than the pipe cleaner.
I tried the pipe cleaner once - after that the acetone was tried -(it got the pipe cleaner out) and I haven't bothered with the pipe cleaner since.
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 21:44:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I would think the pipe cleaner would make it harder to remove, and it might break since it's got a very thin wire inside. Bailing wire is 17gauge up to 12g. You can grab it with a plyers and it wont break. Cheaper too.
On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 02:08:36 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Exactly what I said.
Thanks for all the great suggestions, I knew someone out there has to have this problem too.
On Friday, October 26, 2007 7:04:57 PM UTC-4, dbr wrote:

I have tried carburetor cleaner immediately after I am finished foaming something. Remove the nozzle by unscrewing it and spray cleaner into the opening until it comes out the other end. I doubt this will work if the foam has dried, however.

am finished foaming something. Remove the nozzle by unscrewing it and spray cleaner into the opening until it comes out the other end. I doubt this will work if the foam has dried, however.

Since the original post is from 2007, maybe the carb cleaner had some time to work?
--
.
Christopher A. Young