Clean Out For The Main Line

What a pleasant surprise. While digging in the backyard so I could bury some 110v, I found a cast iron stub out. It connected to a clay elbow with a clay "T". The top of the "T" had a loose clay plug. Looks like the old buried clean out. I'll cut that stuff out, after I'm sure the other end of the "T" doesn't go anywhere, and I'll put in a ground level clean out for my sewer. Maybe cover it with one of those landscaping access buckets And here we were ready to dig the front of the house! All of it 1' below grade! I didn't like the scrap and broken buried clay left by previous workers. Speaks of shoddy work. But I guess that's one of the short cuts you take when building tract homes! Throw it all back in the hole and bury it!
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Ah! Wishful thinking! Gave it a flush and watched the water flow. Okay, since the top of the "T" is about 1' below grade, any suggestions on how to extend it up to grade level so clean out access is easier than having to dig down a foot or having to clean it out from the roof vent?
If the clay T is in good shape, get an appropriate piece of PVC and a Fernco to tie onto the clay hub and connect the two. Install a benjamin cap on the top of the new PVC. You might consider a meter box to set at finish grade. Open the lid to have access to the benjamin cap. Put the lid back on so you can mow, etc.