clean asphalt?

I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of concrete mix (sakrete) on it. The bag burst. After I cleaned up the small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really spoils the new look of the driveway. I thought rain would clean it up but it didn't. Is there any kind of cleaner I can try?

Reply to
jw

they sell stuff to take grout haze off tiles. phospheric acid i believe. you could first try with a weaker acid, like vinegar and a stiff scrub brush.

Reply to
charlie

Thanks

I'll try some vinegar and let U know...............

Reply to
jw

May take a long time but rain should help with time. If it's a year old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do anyway.

Reply to
Frank

Right.

It's only a month old now.

Thanks

Duke

Reply to
jw

Power washer , maybe ?? I'd seal it before winter..My dad sealed his per recomendation of the asphalt guy last year before winter...It was done in June , sealed in October....He hired a pro to do it but he is 70...Looks GREAT still....

Reply to
benick

Muratic acid will eat the concrete. Lowes has it. I would try a small test spot first. Rinse it off well afterwards.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I was recalling time neighbor had ducks and they were cute but crapped all over our driveway. Eventually disappeared with time. I think there is a similarity because birds swallow rocks to grind food in thier crop and it probably comes out as inorganic debris needing mechanical removal or washing.

Reply to
Frank

This is the OP. I tried vinegar. It works. I found ordinary laundry bleach works even better.

Thanks for all the interest.

Duke

Reply to
jw