Clay flue replacement

The top flue pipe that protrudes through the top of the chimney broke. I have it out and the one below it is cracked. I don't like my chances of getting it out and replaced. Is this reparable at all? I was thinking of gingerly tightening a steel wire around it so that the 2 halves don't separate. Or maybe some chicken wire and a bit of mortar around the outside.
This is for a wood/oil furnace which is now somewhat retired. We have a new fireplace insert that holds down to -15 Celsius or better. Don't know for sure as this is my first full winter in the house. Point is this repair only needs to hold for 30 days a year for 10 years at most as at some point the house will either get more insulation or the furnace will be replaced at which time a stainless steel liner will be installed.
Any thoughts folks?
Thanks
Jonathan

It only has to screw up for 30 minutes to burn the house down. Get a pro to look at it.

Do the stainless steel liner now.