Claw Foot Tub Plumbing

We bought our house with a claw foot tub that wasnt hooked up, but had the rough in plumbing done. I am now ready to go out and buy my fixtures but it looks like the rough in might be wrong. Our water lines are 3-3/8" approx apart, and the drain line is in line with the supply lines, not 2" offset. Looking through my fixture options, it appears this rough in is for deck mounted faucets, which is just fine, except my tub needs wall mounted fixtures. any ideas?
Thanks all, Matt Denny
Matthew Denny wrote:

It should not matter. The chrome supply tubing can be field bent to produce the required offset. If neatness counts (they'll be highly visible), buy a tubing bender; it will make perfect radius bends every time.
If there is not enough clearance under/behind the tub to make long radius bends, you'll have to put a pair of elbows on each supply pipe, right at the floor to make the offset.
Jim

We had the same problem, and I am by no means a professional, but I would suggest that you rerough the plumbing AFTER you buy the hardware. Like the previous reply suggested, the fixtures are highly visible, and you only want the finish pieces to show. Therefore, from what I learned, it's highly dependant on the fixtures that you purchase.
I assume that there are no holes in your tub on the lip or side for fixtures, so as a side note, the wall mounted fixture market is slim pickins. There are 100x more for deckmounted or side-wall mounted fixtures. The only ones that we found that were manufactured by Sunrise Specialty Co. in Oakland, CA. We are in CA, so that might affect the market as well. As you probably know, go to a plumbing specialty store, not Home Depot. They knew nothing there!
Also, if you want to keep the rough in, and have more choices for fixtures, one other thing that we considered was getting holes drilled in the tub for our fixture selection. Ultimately, we were very happy with the wall mounted fixtures that we selected, so we decided not to go that route.
Again, I am only basing this on our 1 experience; your mileage might vary!
Ryan