Class? Class?

Page 2 of 2

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:19:54 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"

No, dopey. The problem is that the upgrade install of Office 2007 replaces the old spell check libraries for English, French and German, with new ones that are incompatible with Outlook.
I don't think that is SteveB's problem at all.

Steve's problem is that he can't name the software he's referring to. Either that or my news server has missed an important message from him.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

No, I'm saying MS-Word doesn't COME with an English language spell-checker.
This deficiency, however, is a tempest-in-a-teapot for us. Posters on this group are erudite and accomplished. The occasional misspelling is, without question, due to a typographical error, not ignorance.

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if this really is his problem.

I googled French language Microsoft OE fix, and got all kinds of stuff. Seems like Microsoft is aware of the problem. I uninstalled '07 and reinstalled '00, and it works fine now. I only use Word off that program anyway.
Steve
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:44:13 -0800, "Steve B"

Say what you will about AOL, but the spell checker still works. ;-)
I use Agent for newsgroups for a lot of good reasons beyond the spell checker. Not the least of which is Agent is a self contained program. It doesn't need to be "installed". You can put the whole thing on a thumb drive and use it on any computer without leaving any tracks. That is handy if you travel.
Steve B wrote:

It's not a Microsoft PROBLEM. Eliminating the English spell-checker was intentional, therefore it is a FEATURE.
No charge.
According to Bergen record news paper, and I "Quote" You are not alone. This problem affects all who continue to use Outlook Express after installing Office 2007, which uses language modules that are incompatible with the aging e-mail program. It is possible to solved the problem with down loading Windows live E-Mail. (By the way which I do not like!)
wrote

I sell copies of Office 2000 to anyone who wants it, for $20.00. :-) Works like a charm, no spell check problems.
Steve B wrote:

Why didn't you simply install one of about 200 free spell-checkers? I use TinySpell and it spell-checks everything (Notepad, file-names, Word, Outlook, Excel, everything.). Admittedly, it sometimes gets in the way when programming. For example, it fusses when I use WAtermelon-U-8-1-2-Green to represent "Net Pay This Period".

Because I am on a campaign to simplify my life.
Je ne croient que personne n'a signaler encore une rponse ceci en Franais. Il serait trs drle. Est-ce qu'en outre, pourquoi personne n'a indiqu l'affiche que c'est l'endroit faux pour sa question?

Don't use those abominations. Learn to spell. Spell checkers are limited in their ability to analyze and respond.