Clapboard - painting not required

Has anyone heard of clapboard that has the color going all the way through. I currently have Hardie concrete siding and the paint lasted about 2 years. My thinking is if the paint went all the way through I wouldn't have to worry about it
On Jan 3, 3:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not impregnated, no. There is prefinished product (as well as primed) but afaik it's only a factory-applied finish. Even then, of course, have to finish cut ends, etc.
On Jan 3, 4:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If the paint only lasted two years there was something wrong with the installation...or the house is on Venus. Hardie takes and holds paint beautifully if done correctly.
Who painted the house and what steps were taken?
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:18:25 -0800 (PST), RicodJour

    While conditions in some areas are harsher than others, two years is a might short time for a properly applied appropriate quality paint on a properly prepared surface.
On Jan 3, 3:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Is Hardie a strong non flexible, minimaly expanding siding with a cement base? With proper prep, knowing how and when to apply, using the right product, I could paint it not to peel for 20 years, or more. All colors fade, discolor and age, you would eventualy need a repaint. If it failed in 2 you need to strip and read up on painting procedures.