Clamp To Prevent Lawnmower Blade From Revolving When Changing ?

Lee Valley sells just such a gadjet. I've got one.

Reply to
Ronald'

I always just used vise-grips on the blade to provide another handle, or if it had a hole in flat part with a matching hole in lower end of motor (like an old skil saw), a 16d nail. Failing that, a hunk of 2x4 to wedge it. I don't do it often enough to need a special gadget. I do always put a drop of oil on the bolt to keep it from galling into place, tho.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

We are both right. It depends on the mower. I was thinking mostly of commercial multiblade riders. A push mower is NOT generally selftightening. But they still don't have to be tightened with a six foot cheater like some people think.

S. Barker