Cladding Windows

Any comments pro and con? Experiences? Dave

Reply to
angelshamshel

I had a guy do mine ,didnt cut aluminum right I had to caulk bad seams that would allow water in , I got another pro out to finish another window ,said he was doing it 9 years, he wanted to caulk the seams on the bottom he would not wrap the bottom sill up behind the verticle , well he walked which is good . Point is lota hacks dont know what they are doing, a good job is worth it . But you dont want water to get behind the aluminum and rot your wood. Check out how it is done right before you are sold a job. I won against the first installer in court, but he just filed bankruptcy...Its your house you have to be sure its done right.

Reply to
mark Ransley

BTW mine were manufactured as clad, not added later.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan