circular saw question

I just had carpeting installed in a rental property and purchased a circular saw to cut 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom of the doors. I had no problem with the first four doors, however a 36" wood door appears to have some metal in it. About 1 1/4" into the cut sparks started to fly so I stopped. I also noticed a piece of metal about 1/2" wide on the bottom of the door an inch or two from the end of the cut. Any advice would be appreciated.
John

You can purchase metal cutting blades for a circular saw, either toothed or of the "fiber" variety. Search the web, any big box store or a dedicated tool distributor in your area.
I once cut 2" off the top of a foamed filled steel door for my basement with a circular saw. Cutting metal with my chop saw and radial arm saw is a common occurance.

The metal there is probably a corrugated joiner, just saw through it and it should be fine, but it may do in that blade so do that door last. For the small amount you are taking off it wont affect the door strength.

saw to cut 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom of the doors. I had no problem with the first four doors, however a 36" wood door appears to have some metal in it. About

Throw that blade away and buy a good fine tooth blade for that saw.
Then go buy this one for all cuts but fine cuts in known to be clear of nails lumber- http://www.evolutionpowertools.co.uk/us/evolution_build.html $150 for a circular saw *designed* to cut steel, wood & aluminum.
Jim